Whitehaven Beach has been named third Best Beach in the World. It came pretty close behind a remote beach in Sicily, Italy called Rabbit Beach and Grace Bay, Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos.
Whitehaven Beach is on Whitsunday Island in the beautiful Whitsundays off the coast of Queensland. With over seven kilometres of pristine sand along the island you will see why it has been named the Best Beach in the World in previous years.
Beaches in Brazil, Spain, Puerto Rico, Bermuda and Aruba also featured in the top 10, praised for their white sands and swaying palm trees.
There was one big surprise in the Trip Advisor list: coming 10th was Rhossili Bay in Swansea, Wales, which beat beaches in Hawaii, the Caribbean and more exotic locations to make the top 10 list.
Rhossili Bay, on the Gower Peninsula, stretches for five kilometres and its vast expanse of sand backed by sand dunes and towering cliffs make it popular with surfers, paragliders and ramblers.
You too can experience the breathtaking Whitsunday Islands and walk the amazing Whitehaven beach with our deals and packages at Peterpans or head into your closest store for deals like our 11 night Atlantic Clipper East coast package. Sail the islands and swim with the beautiful sea life in the crystal clear waters of the Whitsundays.
The Top 10 beaches in the world:
1. Rabbit Beach, Sicily – Italy
2. Grace Bay, Providenciales – Turks and Caicos
3. Whitehaven Beach, Queensland – Australia
4. Baia do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha – Brazil
5. Flamenco Beach (Playa Flamenco), Culebra – Puerto Rico
6. Playa de las Catedrales, Ribadeo – Spain
7. Lopes Mendes Beach, Ilha Grande – Brazil
8. Horseshoe Bay Beach, Southampton Parish – Bermuda
9. Eagle Beach – Aruba
10. Rhossili Bay, Rhossili, Swansea – Wales, UK